  • Subject: Re: Command line access
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Dec 1999 01:05:55 EST

> Subj:  Command line access
>  From:    gordon.coen@abbott.com (Coen,Gordon)
>
>  People,
>
>  Does anybody out there know how to remove command line access from users ?

SSA Security setup for a BPCS user can deny them access to OS/400 command
line from BPCS, and AS/400 user profile with *SIGNOFF means that F3 out of
BPCS also takes them out of being signed on.  We do have some users
authorized to command line with short cut access via BPCS User Menus ...
naming conventions need to be used in conjunction with SSA Security to avoid
circumventing what you are trying to accomplish.

> In most cases AS400 security will prevent users from doing anything
'harmful'

F A L S E

BPCS 405 CD is structured to circumvent IBM security reccommendations.
All users have damn near *ALL OBJECT authority to all objects in BPCS, by
virtue of how BPCS is setup, so that if a BPCS user can get to command line &
knows how to explore OS/400 menus & get to SQL DFU DELETE or any other way of
altering files content outside of BPCS menus, AS/400 security is not going to
protect you,

> Thanks for your reply. If possible though I'd prefer to remove the function
>  key (F21) from their options rather than take away command line access
>  completely.

The F21 option APPEARS on standard menus, but just like regular programs that
someone's SSA security might not let them run, like INV900, the F21 will not
function for someone who has been setup to not have command line authority.

>  Thanks again,
>  Gordon.

Al Macintyre
+---