  • Subject: RE: Hidden Costs
  • From: "Lacelle, Marc" <LACELLE@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 13:40:44 -0500

Hi Ho Lynn.

The only place were you will find an accurate standard cost (based on cost
set 2) is in the CIC file.

Your are right in saying MRP140 affects this file. If a user deletes an item
in MRP140 you are in fact deleting the CIC record for that
Item number. If your reporting is using the CIC file for standard costs that
Item will no longer show.

You are also right in saying if you add this level (CFTLVL) + previous level
(CFPLVL) for blank cost buckets it will give you the standard cost.
Unfortunately the CMF file is rather big. Running queries against it can
take a bit of time.

Did you know that sum(CFTLVL + CFPLVL)(blank cost bucket)(cost set 2) is
written to your CIC file for every item when you do a cost rollup.

I have written a program that regenerates the CIC file. This program acts in
two ways.
                1. Repopulates the CIC file. When cost roll in ran all
standards are updated in file CIC file.

                2. Updates all fields for MRP. You can view the results in
MRP140.

We run this program daily (during backup process, no one can be on the
system). It only takes a couple of minutes. We run it every day because new
items are added to the Item Master (IIM) and updates that effect our MRP/MPS
are done daily.

We all know that even if you create in item the only way to create a CIC
record for it is either to transact against it or to add the item using
MRP140 and if you update an item in the Item Master (IIM) you need to update
the CIC through MRP140 to keep MRP in line.

        Any hoot, want a copy

        Marc Lacelle
        Royal Canadian Mint
        lacelle@rcmint.ca