  • Subject: RE: Year End Advice & tracking WIP
  • From: "Lacelle, Marc" <LACELLE@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 09:01:22 -0500

Hi Ho.

        We need to know a bit more for month end and year end processes.
What are the modules you have turned on? Example you don't need to run
INV920D if you are not using CEA.

        Your WIP problem is easily solved.
        We have many ways to track our WIP.
                1. Group Tech Code1, this field is in your item master.
Populate that field with the word WIP for all of your WIP item numbers. You
need to populate the Group Tech codes found in SYS105 (Act = 8, Table = GR,
this will bring you to GROUPTEC, enter a 9 beside GROUPTEC and populate.

                2. Your Item number description. We use the first two
characters to identify a product grouping. Example: PM Capsule Top (PM =
Packaging Material). We have about 40 different ones. It's easy to query on
these fields.

                3. In your item master (INV100 or API100) your will find
what they call SIRF codes. There are 5 of them, and you can find them on the
second screen of you Item Master. These fields are for your use in
identifying in detail an item number. You can "RENAME" the SIRF codes in
SAL820D (system parms SYS800). The SIRF codes tables are found in SYS105.
Populate them there. Again these fields are easy to query on.

        These are only a few ways to info for reporting. There must be over
40 ways to extract the info your looking for.

        PS: No fowl language please.

          Marc Lacelle
        Royal Canadian Mint

+---