>From Al Macintyre
405 CD

When we run BOM900 the date field is 000000 & we did not know what to key
there, so we have been using the default ... what are we losing?

When we converted from BPCS/36 for any new date fields that did not exist we
plugged in 19530101 because the company was founded in 1953.  We are using
1940-2039 as our window, so I figure that if we wanted to do a reorg, without
removing anything, a date of 1940-1952 should be safe.

In another thread there was talk about stuff not showing up on MRP when low
level effectivity dates are past due due to cumulative lead time ... we did
subsequent tests & determined that effectivity dates did not make a
difference, only discontinue dates, and brand new customer orders whose
cumulative lead time was into the past at the time of their first MRP.

>  From:    LACELLE@rcmint.ca (Lacelle, Marc)
>
>  Hi Ho.
>
>   BOM900 is one of the dangerous re-orgs to run if you do not take
>  proper steps.
>
>   1. Backup IIM,MBM,MPB as noted
>   2. Make absolute sure (double check) that all users are logged off.
>   3. "Remove all components discontinued before this date" This date
>  is based on your discontinue date in your BOM structure. You will find that
>  each component has one. (you probably know this).
>
>   Now for your answer:
>   a) I wrote a CL that runs this automatically. Using the job
>  scheduler it submits the job every 3 months.
>   b) Our input date is 010190. We like to delete our own BOM's.
>   c) WSp203 is correct in saying it does reset your low level codes.
>  It also resets your sequence numbers based on your Bub number. This helps
>  our Engineering staff when viewing modified BOM's.
>
>   We are running 6.02 MM AS/400 (S20).
>

>   Marc Lacelle
>   Royal Canadian Mint

+---