  • Subject: Re: Inventory allocations
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 18:43:29 EDT

>From Al Macintyre - BPCS 404 CD mixed mode AS/436 V4R3

>  From:    pchandrarao26@hotmail.com (purnachandrarao yarramsetti)
>
>  There are Inventory allocations in the warehouses which are not related to
>  any orders. Due to these allocations we cannot enter orders. Is that right
>  way to update ILI file manually to remove these allocations? Please help
me.

>  Thanx
>
>  Chandra Rao.

Things can & do get screwed up & thankfully SSA has provided some tools to
clean up many of these messes ... check out SYS option to the REORG menu &
VERY carefully study the documentation on these options.  Basically what they
deal with, or the ones we use, are the files are no longer in mutual
synchronization for whatever reason, so we declare where the correct story is
... in your case you are saying that the orders are correct & the allocations
are incorrect ... then reconstruct the linkages of stories between the files
so that they are once again in mutual synchronization.

We run the following jobs once a week, or whenever someone reports to us they
have a problem or see symptoms of one of these problems, like negative
allocations, numbers do not add up on INV300 summary section, the list is
endless.

We have most of them on a User Menu with notations regarding estimated run
time & distribution of reports ... example ORD991 is printed 4 copies to
various people in our sales dept, because those audit trails are clues to
additional clean-up that might be needed ... such as re-entering the customer
order that was accidentally erased (the allocations WERE valid ... it was the
order that we lost)

SYS120 ... F6 F18 F6 F6 then STAY OFF BPCS for an hour, just like INV900
INV972
SFC990
ORD990
SYS990