  • Subject: Re: SFC500. Record unavailable at this time, try again.
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 00:11:43 EDT

> From: oludare@ix.netcom.com (oludare)
>
>   Guys:
>
>  HOW DO I MAKE THIS RECORD AVAILABLE TO REVISE, ADD NOTES AND/OR MAKE
CHANGES
>  TO IT.
>
>  Thanks,
>
>   Oludare

Access 2nd level help text to find out WHY IT IS NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME
... If you are not familiar with 2nd level help text ... move the cursor over
the error message about record being unavailable & press F1 Help Key ...
generally it will tell you exactly what other program is busy with that
record riight now, with enough information to identify the user or work
station whose activity is in contention for you to update the identical
record & they got there first, before you, and you need to ask that person to
exit or back out of where they are to let you in, or to tell you the moment
they are done, in other words 2nd level help text helps you know which of
your other users to communicate with.

This works for all error messages ... on-screen, your job log while job still
active, someone else's job log via WRKACTJOB 5 10 F10 or DSPMSG QSYSOPR -
cursor on any error message, F1 help to get full details on the summary that
fits on the one line.

Al
+---