  • Subject: JOBQ Oops
  • From: "Tim Armstrong" <tma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 23:44:28 -0500

Al .Mac at Tim PC

It is not safe to assume that all BPCS programs use the Pop-Up Work Station Rules ... I just encountered one that uses *SAME as previous criteria.  I loaded the JOBQ with a chunk of nightly jobs, then worked on a modification with compile to JOBQ, then I changed which JOBQ it was to run from, via WRKSBMJOB, since the compile was unrelated to what was running, then I loaded the JOBQ with another chunk of nightly jobs & surprise surprise - something is executing from the same JOBQ as the compile, in which its selection was not what was in my Work Station preferences, because the code called for *SAME.  This should not be a problem for people who do not mix & match what is to run from which queue.
AS/436 V4R3M0 mm BPCS 405 CD not up to date yet on our Y2K fixes
Al Macintyre
Central Industries of Indiana, Inc.
www.cen-elec.com
(812) 421-0231