Some time ago I posed this question and received some suggestions.  Since we
have users coming & going from this list, I decided to pose the question
again because the problem is still with us.

We are 6.0.02 plf, full C/S, Mar'98 cum tape.  Clients are Win '95 running
on mostly 200 mhz machines with 32 or 64 meg of memory.  AS/400 is running
V4R2M0 and fairly current on ptf's.

What is happening on the client side is the Tab key will stop working and
generally the F13 function does not work (shift key) within a short time
span.  The only way out of this is to reboot the machine.  What we have not
tried is to see if the shift & tab keys still work in some other
application.  One of the people that this happens to has a 333mhz machine
with 64 meg of memory and he has from 10-15 applications opened in his task
bar.  This person also has been given a "brand new" machine (hard drive
formatted, Win '95, MS Office '97, CA/400, & BPCS loaded with the necessary
client side BMR's) and it still happens.  He also has a UPS and I think we
only have one user who has this problem that does not have a UPS.  Keyboards
have also been exchanged and that does not help.

The "Alt-Tab, Alt-Tab" key sequence was a suggestion from a list member that
will work maybe 50% of the time.

Talking with another user who turns off Outlook (our e-mail program)
otherwise her Tab key will not function.  Every over user does not have this
problem with Outlook.

There is no consistency to our tasks running that makes sense or is a common
thread as to our problem.  You stop paying attention to the user complaining
because you have no clue as to what is wrong and they learn to live with the
problem.  Not a very good situation for the 3-4% of our users who have this
phenomenon with BPCS and the Tab/Shift key.

So - any help would be appreciated.  There has to be something someplace
that is causing this problem.  OGS had numerous hits (36) on "Tab key", but
nothing pertaining to this situation.

Dilbert's Words Of Wisdom:
"I love deadlines.  I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they
go flying by."

Dennis Munro
Badger Mining Corporation
dmunro@badgerminingcorp.com <mailto:dmunro@badgerminingcorp.com>