  • Subject: Re: Warning-BPCS 405 CD data files with bad creation dates
  • From: Dave Murvin <davem@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Aug 1999 16:55:28 -0700

Al,

This company is a multi-user, multi-state manufacturing and distribution
company with online customer order processing.  For all practical purposes,
once you go live, there is no way to go back to the old system after about 6
hours, much less after a week or two.

Your other idea of getting a copy of someone else's 405CD files and just
copying our data was interesting, but I think that we would be safer creating
duplicate objects of our own files.  We know the file formats are correct,
they just have bad creation dates.  By creating duplicate objects on all the
incorrect files (one file set at a time and after hours when no one is on the
system), we should be okay.  It will be a pain to do this, but this way
assures that there won't be any additional problems, like level checks.

Dave Murvin
DRM Enterprises, Inc.
davem@drme.com

MacWheel99@aol.com wrote:

> Dave M's company needs to return to whatever they were running the company
> on, production wise before they went live on 405 CD - fixing this problem
> will take a while --- does anyone run parallel any more?
>
> If you go back to last backup old version from week or so ago & then
> re-process last week's transactions through old version --- did users save
> access to the paperwork & audit trails, or can clues be printed from what
> went into the corrupted version?
>
> Al.M
> +---
> | This is the BPCS Users Mailing List!