  • Subject: Re: Spool file handling of shipping documents
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 13:06:34 EDT

>From Al Macintyre

I am answering this in 2 installments
1 e-mail looks at the challenge from perspective of spool file pain in the
butt generic resolution alternatives
this e-mail says WE HAVE DONE IT & here are the programs we done it in

> Subj:  Spool file handling
>  From:    RickCarter@holley.com
>
>  Mix mode 6.0.02 As400
    Mix mode 405 CD As/436

>  We currently have some custom mods to the pick and packing list programs
>  and with these mods are changs to the form type for these two print
>  documents.  We do centralized order entry but direct orders to differnent
>  shipping facilities based on the warehouse ID.  We have Jetforms software
>  that looks at the forms type for PICK or PACk and when it finds one of
>  these it directs the output for this document to the appropriate output
>  queue.  My problem is if I go back to vanilla BPCS, I want have the forms
>  type uniqueness for pick and pack so how can I direct these documents to
>  the appropriate facility without making custom changes to change the form
>  type.  Does BPCS have any kind of document handler file that will allow
>  something similiar.  One order entry person may enter orders to any
>  facility so changing workstation data area output queue want help here.
>
>  Thanks

We have recently modified the BPCS shipping documents, so we might know
something that is useful to you.  We do not have As/Set, so I kind of throw
my arms up in dismay when I look at ORD500 or ORD570 for some user
modification request.  These programs are like 1,000 lines of source code,
minimum, heavily laced with literals, which is soft code variables inside DDS
& RPG, and they call lots of other programs that are of similar dimensions,
and the whole thing lacks any kind of coherent internal documentation.

ORD595 ORD596 ORD597 are the programs you want to be looking at & the ones we
modified.  When shipping documents are first produced, ORD570 drives ORD595 &
ORD596, then later on if there is need to correct a shipping document &
reprint the corrected story, ORD600 drives ORD595 & ORD597.

Hope this helps

Al
+---