  • Subject: RE: Subsystem Event Determination
  • From: "George Sagen" <gsagen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 21:02:53 -0700

Hi Mark.

Wow. What a pain. SSA could make life a lot easier if the facility code was
somehow macroable in every line of every model. I've had other clients
request this too, but have never asked for an E-BMR.

Do they require the data to be live or just current periodically? Do they
need it in detail by facility or just the summarized result? The reason I
ask is that maybe you can write a report/query that:

1. Grabs the GLH records with an inventory subsystem origin and for a
defined period.
2. Link through the GXR to the ITH records and get the facility code for
each GLH line.
3. Group the GLH records by facility code then account and post the
summarized activity to the facility inventory accounts.
4. Summarize the original GLH's by account and create a reversing entry with
one line per account affected.

If you want to get fancy, you can have a programmer write the query and dump
the resulting records into GBH/GBL and post them through BTP. This would
avoid writing code that touches the BPCS source and still force all the
glorious BPCS validation.

Messy, but it might work.

Best wishes,

Geo.