  • Subject: RE: RESTARTING BPCS 6.0.0.2 CLIENT/SERVER
  • From: Dennis Munro <DMunro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 10:53:05 -0500

I have the following in a CL program that is called by the QSTRUP program.

/* Start TCP/IP Running                                              */
              STRTCP     STRSVR(*YES) STRIFC(*YES)
              MONMSG     MSGID(TCP1A04)

              DLYJOB     DLY(300)
/* This Needs To Be Done For Client Access To Work Using TCP/IP      *
             STRHOSTSVR SERVER(*ALL)
             MONMSG     MSGID(PWS300D)

/* Start BPCS's Order Posting Subsystem
             STRSBS     SBSD(QGPL/ORDERPOST)
             MONMSG     MSGID(CPF1010)

/* Start BPCS's Main Running Subsystem
             STRSBS     SBSD(QGPL/SUBSYSN)
             MONMSG     MSGID(CPF1010)

/* Set Up System To Start The BPCS's NEWI Daemon
             ADDLIBLE   LIB(NEWILIB)
             MONMSG     MSGID(CPF2103)
/*           This Is For Cum 11/17 and Beyond                        */
             STRNWID    PORT(9007) JOBD(NEWILIB/NWIJOBD)
             MONMSG     MSGID(CPF3CF1)

             RMVLIBLE   LIB(NEWILIB)
             MONMSG     MSGID(CPF2104)

/* Set Up System To Start The ALAUNCH Daemon                         */
             SBMJOB     CMD(CALL PGM(TCLILIB/ALAUNCH) PARM('5000')) +
                          JOB(SSATCP) JOBD(TCLILIB/TCPIPJOBD) +
                          JOBQ(QGPL/TCPIPJOBQ) USER(BPCS) +
                          INLLIBL(TCLILIB QGPL)

/* Set Up System To Start The User Vision Daemon                     */
             ADDLIBLE   LIB(ASVCOM)
             MONMSG     MSGID(CPF2103)

             SBMJOB     CMD(CALL PGM(ASVCOM/AV8200C) PARM('9009')) +
                          JOB(USRVISN) JOBQ(QGPL/NEWIJOBQ) USER(BPCS)

             RMVLIBLE   LIB(ASVCOM)
             MONMSG     MSGID(CPF2104)

Hope this helps.  The following is a "gotcha" that has happened with 6.0.02
PLf, cum Mar'98

/* =====  I  M  P  O  R  T  A  N  T  =============================== /*
*/
/*      To Compile This CL Program:
/*
/*      1.- ENDBPCS - Stop BPCS from running - BUT make sure
/*                    nobody is currently in BPCS first
/*      2.- STRTCP - Start TCP running
/*      3.- NETSTAT - Check network status
/*             Option 3 - Work with TCP/IP connection status
/*                Scroll down & make sure Port 9007 is not
/*                    in "listen" status.  If it is, take option
/*                    4 to end Port 9007 from "listening"
/*      4.- Make sure NEWILIB is in your library list
/*      5.- Compile STRBPCS CL program
/*      6.- When compile is OKAY:
/*          ENDTCP - Stop TCP from running
/*          STRBPCS - Start BPCS, etc. back running

Dilbert's Words Of Wisdom:
"I love deadlines.  I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they
go flying by."

Dennis Munro
Badger Mining Corporation
dmunro@badgerminingcorp.com <mailto:dmunro@badgerminingcorp.com>