From: BPCS-L@midrange.com
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 1999 2:34 PM
To: BPCS-L@midrange.com (BPCS Users Mailing List)
Subject: BPCS Documentation - the poster

I found it
Official Title = BPCS Schematic

Size 3 feet across 2 feet vertical
Left to Right = Business Flow
Top to Bottom = Setup & System Flow
Solid Lines with arrows = Dependencies
Dashed Lines = Automatic Interfaces

Red Boxes = Master File Setup & Mainetnance - example - System Parameters
must be setup before doing Currency Codes; Both Currency Codes & Chart Se
Codes are prerequisites to a bunch of other files, such as Bank Master &
Customer Terms.
Dark Blue = On-Going Processing, such as various kinds of Orders, Labor,
Inventory, Financials.
Light Blue = Analysis, such as Rough Cut, Actual Costs, General Ledger

There is no copyright or trademark symbol, date or version #, on either side
of the poster.  From what is there, and not there, my guess is it is for no
later than V 4.3 on BPCS/36.

Ideas regarding salvaging copies for other BPCS customers to play with,
before we lose it, assuming there is agreement as to the conceptual value of
a picture replacing a thousand words ...

Since it needs minor surgery to bring it forward to BPCS/400, forget about
color reproduction - just play games with photocopies reduction scissors
scotch tape to someone who will use this antique as a model for a replacement
picture.

Have it accompany me on some business trip & utilize big city resources to
make a professional copy - I will be in IBM Kansas City real soon.

Arrange a loaner, since we are not using it right now - let other BPCS user
sites make whatever copies float your boat.

Ultimately I think it belongs on a web site - with copies for each of the
major BPCS/400 versions.

Al Macintyre
+---