  • Subject: Re: Allocation reorgs
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 02:24:14 EST

Rick J. Carter wrote:

> BPCS Version 6.02  AS/400 MixMode

We are on BPCS 405 CD which may not work same way ---

>  We appear to have a problem when an order is partially shipped due to the
>  lack of inventory.  When inventory becomes available, the system looks to
> be automatically allocating that available inventory to orders.  Per our
>  shipping manager this is happening without any intervention on our part.
> Is anyone else seeing this type of automatic allocation of inventory.

This is the way BPCS used to work on S/36 & it was a big nuisance, resulting
in messed up allocations every other day,
but now on BPCS 405 CD we manage to corrupt our allocations only 2-3 times a
month.  When our allocations get messed-up, we clean up the mess by running a
series of reorgs when no one else is in BPCS:

INV972C fixes inventory totals out of sync across I* files
SFC990C eliminates orphans from shop orders
ORD990C eliminates orphans from customer orders
SYS990C then INV971C gets allocations back in sync
ACR970C then ACR972C fixes receivables
MRP990C helps MRP run more efficiently

SYS120C (ends up on JOBQ) used in concert with query BPCS-L users helped us
create - V4R3 upgrade inherited us some QSYS physical files with ungodly
waste, such as QADBIFLD 571,000 deleted records with 4,616 byte record length,
that not even the Master Security Officer is allowed to reorganize
BOM900C (ends up on JOBQ)

Check out your system reorganization menu for allocation fixes.

Al Macintyre
+---