  • Subject: Re: Billing Invoice Process
  • From: "Rick J. Carter" <rickcarter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 13:12 -0600

Again , not to show my ignorance on the BPCS system, but I haven't found any
files labeled at TDR.  Are these AS/400 based files or do they reside
somewhere else.

From: Ata510
To: BPCS-L
Date: Saturday, February 27, 1999 1:29AM

In a message dated 2/18/99 2:03:41 PM Central Standard Time,
rickcarter@holley.com writes:

> S/400 Mix mode v 6.0.02
>
>  Our current invoice process that runs nightly is running for about 5-6
>  hours.  This is the BIL500 job stream.  We only run invoices in batch
once
>  per day.  THis job runs quite long no matter the number of invoices being

>  processed.  Most of the processing appears to be in t he CEA related
portion

>  of the job stream.  Does anyone no of any logicals, etc that could help
>  improve this job performance.

Forget logicals when you are talking about CEA500BN. Try looking at the TDR
files that CEA uses and never maintains/clears/purges. There is not good
documentation on this, but they need to be cleared somewhat manually. If you
have Mixed Mode, CALL OEAMNU and take option to Clear TDRs. Do this when no
one is using financials. It should be done weekly or in some cases daily.
These are the transaction files, and there is nothing that clears them
automatically except this option. The files are listed on OGS; I don't
remember them all, but if you search the database for "TDR" or "OEAMNU" I am
sure you can get a few hits on the subject.
+---