In answer to Brian Glynn's question on downloading FRW file.

The fastest method I have for downloading files from the AS/400 is a product from WRQ called Reflections for IBM.

I have been using this product for 2-3 years and when I first started using it I found it hard to believe the download speed.

I can download our full IIM file with 10,758 records, 202 fields per record, with 1309 bytes per record.  A total file size of 14,508,032 bytes in 105 seconds.  My output is usually flat fixed length text type files on the PC side.

I am doing this through a 10-Base-T ethernet connection using TCP/IP and IBM's ANYNET at the AS/400 end.  I have downloaded as much as 215MB in 15 minutes during off hours.  All of this while the software is converting packed numeric field in to flat ascii text.  I think it very fast.

Gary Rogers