  • Subject: Re: ASSET Y2K Dating
  • From: wawrzaszek@xxxxxxxxxxx (Wawrzaszek)
  • Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 09:51:49 -0500

What does V6.0.04 do?  We are currently at a stand still as far as asset
goes.  All our code has been century dated, but the asset code was changed
in the RPG version NOT asset.  Therefore all our data models, repositories
etc. are all still referring to a 6,0 field on the files where the actual
file is not 8,0.   We are not going to make any changes to ASSET programs
because of this.  We do not have the time to totally redo all the Asset
programs, data models etc.  We are taking the gamble because we are going to
go to version 6.0 of BPCS after the year 2000.  I know there is another
package out there that will automatically update all asset code,  but it is
not worth it if we are upgrading to 6.0.    If we absolutely had to change
an ASSEt program we could always change the RPG code and compile it with
BPCS RPG command as long as all overrides exist in SSAOVR (or so I have been
told).   So bottom line this version of ASSET (V6.0.04) will not matter to
us until we are on BPCS 6.0 - Correct?

>Any one who uses ASSET or has ASSET programs should make sure they are on
>Version V6.0.04.
>If they are not the upgrade is Free from SSA.
>
>Also, use the CHGCENGEN command in ASSET to find out if you have the
>Enhanced Century Generation set to a "Y" and make sure the Rollover Year is
>set correctly.
>
>I would recommend compiling all ASSET programs if you do not have Version
>V6.0.04 or have the Enhanced Century Generation parameters set incorrectly.
>
>Best Regards,
>Roger Wolf
>
><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">
><HTML>
><HEAD>
><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=us-ascii">
><META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2232.0">
><TITLE>ASSET Y2K Dating</TITLE>
></HEAD>
><BODY>
><BR>
>
><P><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">Any one who uses ASSET or has ASSET programs
should make sure they are on Version V6.0.04.</FONT>
><BR><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">If they are not the upgrade is Free from
SSA.</FONT>
></P>
>
><P><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">Also, use the CHGCENGEN command in ASSET to
find out if you have the Enhanced Century Generation set to a &quot;Y&quot;
and make sure the Rollover Year is set correctly.</FONT></P>

><P><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">I would recommend compiling all ASSET programs
if you do not have Version V6.0.04 or have the Enhanced Century Generation
parameters set incorrectly.</FONT></P>

><P><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">&nbsp;</FONT>
><BR><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">Best Regards,</FONT>
><BR><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">Roger
Wolf<B><I></I></B></FONT><B><I></I></B><B><I></I></B>
></P>
>
></BODY>
></HTML>

+---