In message <A0ECD516BF42D211A0AA00805F9AB5933DD65C@omnt7>,
KLVanHorn@lozier.com writes
>We are running on 6.0.04 GUI HP/Oracle.
>
>For anyone using Outside Operations on the route,   How do you post these to
>the G/L?  We would like to use "OO" or "//" transaction effect and post with
>INV920, but we have 2 issues:  1)  No cost is populating TSCST in the ITH
>(yes, we have entered the cost in the route operation) and  2)  We are
>concerned our receiving personnel will accidentally use  a "U" transaction
>to receive these instead.

I am not an expert in CEA and ATP but I would suggest the following.

1)Create a commodity code for the outside operation.
2)Create an alias that links a fixed value to the commodity code above.
3)modify the model for OOxx or //xx (where xx represents an inventory
transaction reason code) so that an advanced macro uses commodity code
to fetch the fixed value via the alias reference.
4)create a BPCS security master entry that only has access to the OO or
// transaction this will then be the only transaction available to this
user in Purchase Order Receipt.
5)create a purchase order and tie it to a shop order for an item using
this routing step. (there is a shop order reference present in PO line
detail)
6)Create an operational procedure that ensures that goods-in delivery
notes for the outside operation are always presented to a user who has
the security profile created in step 4)
7)when the service is received the commodity code should be recorded in
ITH against the OO or // transaction. When INV920 is run ATP should
process the transaction through the model and retrieve your fixed value.

NB I've skimped a bit on some of the details like Event maintenance and
Sub-system links.

It may be possible to use a macro that can read the cost directly from
the routing or shop order files, I'm not sufficiently familiar with the
files that are open to macros during INV920. If FRT or FSO are open at
this point you should be able to do it.

--
Michael Ozanne (Also ozannem@pacific.co.uk)