  • Subject: Re: User Vision
  • From: "Schaff,Walter" <walt.schaff@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 08:27:23 -0600

Take a look at COGNOS.
Here is a press release announcing the partnership with SSA .

Company Press Release

System Software Associates - SSA - and Cognos Announce Global Partnership

Latest Addition to the SSA Partner Program Delivers Enterprise-Wide Business
Intelligence, Enhanced Decision Making Capabilities

CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 11, 1999-- In a strategic move designed to
provide advanced decision making functionality to its ERP product line,
System Software Associates (NASDAQ: SSAX - news), a worldwide provider of ERP
solutions and services, today announced a global alliance with Cognos®
(NASDAQ: COGNF - news; TSE: CSN - news), the leading strategic vendor of
enterprise business intelligence solutions. For those SSA customers requiring
advanced decision making capabilities, SSA now offers award-winning data
access and reporting tools - PowerPlay® and Impromptu® - from Cognos.

The integration of PowerPlay and Impromptu from Cognos into SSA's BPCS®
product line will allow SSA customers to:

critical information across the enterprise data contained within BPCS;
analyze the data in multiple dimensions, in any combination and from any
angle, to identify trends and uncover what is driving the business

- build reports as well as sophisticated analyses and forecasts.

Cognos is the newest addition to SSA's growing Alliance Partnership Program
and joins the ranks of the company's other software and hardware partners.
Through SSA's Alliance Partnership Program, SSA provides a full range of
seamlessly integrated business solutions that uniquely meet the full range of
business needs and processes of today's - and tomorrow's - global
enterprises.

``Our relationship with Cognos is the latest example of SSA's aggressive
partnership strategy. Through this relationship, we provide our customers and
prospects with an ERP solution that includes advanced, yet easy-to-use
business intelligence functionality,'' said Robert Nussbaum, VP of Product
Management at SSA. ``The added decision making capability provided by the
Cognos tools is delivering tremendous benefits for SSA customers. These
applications provide critical insight and competitive perspective that is
vital for making sound and well informed business decisions.''

``Cognos and SSA provide organizations with business intelligence solutions
that extract maximum value from corporate ERP systems,'' said Tony Sirianni,
VP of North American Channel Sales at Cognos. ``Cognos complements SSA's
powerful financial, supply-chain and manufacturing solutions to increase
productivity and achieve competitive advantage. Our partnership is a win-win
for SSA customers.''

Availability

SSA is now reselling Cognos' PowerPlay and Impromptu. SSA customers can
receive additional information by contacting their SSA sales representative
or by calling SSA directly at 1-312-258-6000.

About SSA

System Software Associates is a worldwide ERP Software and Services provider
with fiscal-year 1998 revenue of $421 million. Its principal product, BPCS
Client/Server Version 6.0, is primarily sold to the industrial sector,
including automotive, chemicals, consumer goods, electronics, general
manufacturing, food and beverage, forest products and pharmaceuticals. For
more information about SSA's web site at http://www.ssax.com.

About Cognos

Cognos is the leading vendor of enterprise business intelligence solutions.
Business Intelligence software makes corporate data easily accessible to
everyone in an organization, so they can better coordinate decision-making
across the entire enterprise, and improve the performance of the business.
Cognos products are available directly from Cognos and through an extensive
network of channel partners. The Company also develops, markets and supports
software tools for application development.

Founded in 1969, Cognos is a publicly traded company with offices around the
world and headquartered in Ottawa, Canada. For more information, visit the
Cognos web site at http://www.cognos.com.
+---