  • Subject: Re: Y2K Blowup - ADK
  • From: Ata510@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 23:51:26 EST

In a message dated 1/18/99 6:35:18 PM Central Standard Time,
Roger.Wolf@garmin.com writes:

> I would recommend using the SYS903B from SSA.
>
>  All you have to do is pass it the correct values.
>
>  Best Regards,
>  Roger Wolf

Hi,

I agree that SYS903B is a good thing to call if you want to be using the JOB
DATE, but SYS903B does not return the actual system date, so be careful and
realize that if the job runs over a midnight, the date will stay the same
(which is desireable in some cases, and may not be in others).

Also, CHGCENGEN in ASSET 6.004 is the command that sets the century 'break'
year for the Y2K date routines.

There is this entry in the FAQ in OGS Online searching the ASSET FAQ 'entire
database' field with "NOD" :

Platform:A400
Product:ADK
Version:6.002
Program:SYS
Log Date:03-13-98
Logged By:NOVAKG
Incident #:511268- 1
OGS

The NOD function is not working when calulating days between 1999 and 2000.
Is ADK Year 2000 compliant? It doesn't work when we cross centuries, but once
we are in the century 2000 it works OK. Will this be fixed?

Older versions of ADK are not century compliant, and will not be fixed. This
is fixed in 6.0.04 ADK, so you should upgrade to this release of the product.

Also are these 2 entries which show what it SHOULD be done once you set the
century break year in 6.004:

 Platform:A400
Product:ADK
Version:6.004
Program:SYS
Log Date:04-24-98
Logged By:NOVAKG
Incident #:513810- 1
OGS

Question- How to use system date (SDATE) function in ADK without causing 1900
problem. The function %CMD does not seem to work - always puts a '19' in front
of the 6 digit year, no matter what - even at Year 2000.

A poorly documented command, CHGCENGEN lets the user input a century break
into AS/SET, this will allow the %CMD function to work. Also will work for
%MCD and other 6 digit date functions. Break is commonly around 39 or 40, so
that all years before 40 are seen as 2000, and all years after 40 are seen as
1900.

Platform:A400
Product:ADK
Version:6.004
Program:ADK
Log Date:05-18-98
Logged By:SITEMP1
Incident #:529094- 1
OGS

If have 6 digit date which add a number of days to, it correctly calculates
the date into the year 2000. If have six digit date in the year 2000, AS/SET
is assuming this is in the 20th century, not 21st as per ISO standards which
require 6 digit dates to recognise 21st century.

Use CHGCENGEN cmd within AS/SET. This will allow %CMD, %MDC, & other 6 digit
date functions. Break is usually at 39 or 40. All years before 40 are seen as
2000, & all after 40 are seen as 1900. Left msg with operator to call me.
Client has a 6 digit date displayed on the screen. Does not show the correct
century when it is updated in the file. Explained the CHGCENGEN cmd in detail.
He will have to run this cmd within AS/SET env. Then, recompile his pgm.
+---