Lisa Abney wrote:

>Speaking of ADK (ASSET) ... we have a custom-written ADK program that uses
%NOD
>(number of days since beginning of century) that has started giving really
strange
>results since 1/1/99.  Anyone else seen anything like that?  I have to
think it's
>Y2K related, but haven't figured out why.

Lisa, take a look at the subroutine SNOD.  This routine actually calls a
subroutine SBRDAT, which HARDCODES century 19 into six-digit dates.  I'm
not sure how related this is to your specific problem; why don't you give
us a little more information.

1. Have you checked the numbers coming out of SNOD?
2. If so, do they change drastically from 12/31/98 to 01/01/99? (We have
NOT seen this)

If this is your problem, there are ways around the problem.  At the action
diagram level, one work-around is to replace %NOD with a call to S998, and
%CTD with a call to S999.  At the RPG level, you can fix the SBRDAT
subroutine:

     C* Assign default to century.
     C           SVCC      IFEQ *ZERO
/001aC           SVYY      IFLT 50                     (Use your own cutoff
 here)
/001aC                     Z-ADD20        SVCC
/001aC                     MOVEL20        SVCY
/001aC                     ELSE
     C                     Z-ADD19        SVCC
     C                     MOVEL19        SVCY
/001aC                     END
     C                     END

Joe Pluta

+---