In message <01BDD0CF.0DFF8860.markl@vonrollisola.co.uk>, Mark Lindley
<markl@vonrollisola.co.uk> writes
>We are looking to run BPCS jobs via a job scheduler (eg pick release runs,
>batch
>allocations etc)
>throughout the day. Is there an easy way of doing this or do we have to write
>some CL to send the
>program its huge parameter string. Also what are the BPCS security
>implications.
>
>Nb this also applies to day-end jobs.

The ROBOT system management product can learn all BPCS jobs that submit
a batch job which have parameters passed by either a command string or a
local data area. These jobs can then be set on a schedule, grouped into
job sets or set on a schedule that is reactive on completion of other
scheduled jobs. BPCS parameters can be substituted with command
variables so that, for example, selection criteria can be calculated and
injected into the job (e.g an MRP explosion can be fed with calculated
planning start and end dates).

Some jobs(e.g BIL500) have file status indicators set by interactive
display programs. These jobs can't easily be set up as batch submisions.
In these cases the ROBOT replay product might be necessary. This product
allows you to capture, parameterise and schedule interactive screen
programs.

My employer is a main distributor of ROBOT products, and has expertise
in BPCS automation. I can pass you a contact name and number, but please
be aware that they will try a hard sell if you call them.

--
Michael Ozanne (Also ozannem@pacific.co.uk)