  • Subject: RE: BPCS 6.04 on an AS400 Model 300/2042
  • From: "Moser, Ron" <RMoser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 10:46:37 -0700

Judy,
We are testing 6.02 plf mixed mode, no COM (manufacturing/inventory
modules only) on our current F60, and response time is the pits.  As a
result we are buying a 620-2181 based on the SSA sizing q'aire, and
talking to comparable sites.  You should fill out the SSA sizing q'aire.
If you are upgrading from an earlier release the rule of thumb I have
heard is you need a system with a CPW that is 5 - 7 times your current
system.  Your E45 has a CPW of 13.8, a 300-2042 has a CPW of 21.1.  It
doesn't look like you will be getting very much of a power increase.
(Our current F60 has a CPW of 40.0, and the 620-2181 has a CPW of 210).
CPW stands for Commercial Processing Workload and is IBM's way of
ranking system power.  You may need to open up your check book and get a
much bigger box.

Good Luck.....
Ron Moser
Shaklee Corp.  510 887-5397