  • Subject: RE: Creating a Post-Pick Transaction
  • From: "Bailey, Dick" <Dick_Bailey@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 08:13:21 -0500

        We have a similar concern - and are implementing BPCS 6.02
(AS/400) - trying to figure out a solution. We also want to allocate
material, Pick Release and pick it, physically move it to a shipping
location where it may stand for a few days waiting for a full truckload
to that destination.
        Does anyone see a problem with moving it to locations in the
shipping area so we can find it when we need it, and then moving it back
to the allocated location when we move it to a shipping dock, just
before we do the Pick Confirm?
        (We're talking about machines, in relatively small quantities,
not component parts. I wouldn't suggest it on parts.)

        Dick Bailey