  • Subject: Re: Problem with RISC Version on AS/SET
  • From: DAsmussen@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 14:23:14 EDT

Lenny,

> Has anyone run into situations where AS/SET version 4.0.x CICS programs
> being recomplied under a RISC version of AS/SET, say version 6.04, act
differently.

You did mean CISC there, didn't you?  We got Y2K certified under RISC-compiled
6.0.04 AS/Set programs (gotta have that one, and run the command to establish
the break-over year, for all the built-in date functions to work right!).

>  We have recompiled several action diagrams and when the programs are
executed
>  they go into a never ending loop when doing a GETREC and not finding a
record.

Is it a GETREC alone, or is there SQL involved?  We had some _SERIOUS_
problems when we went live with V6 on our production V3R7 machine (such as
MRP300 not pegging customer orders consistently).  We encountered _NONE_ when
testing on the V4R1 Y2K box.  We had to load a PTF from IBM (SF99100, I think)
that was so huge that it was only available on CD ROM!  Problems went away
with no code changes...

If (and that's a BIG if) you were upgrading from a pre-version 4 release of
AS/Set, and there is no SQL involved, your data models may have been defined
with unique keys when they really don't have them.  This "feature" was added
when SSA put BPCS into AS/Set in order to eliminate the use of CL for UNIX
conversions (removes the "X" files that AS/Set used to generate overrides for
in UPDATE files).  If you edit the data model(s) in question and press <F16>
(or 14, can't remember off the top of my head) you can set the unique value to
N in order to get your "X" files back.  Scully and Mulder should have it so
easy ;-)...

<<snip>>

>  I would appreciate any input or help.  We called SSA HelpLine two weeks ago
>  and we wait!

Darn!  Just when I thought they were getting better...

Regards!

Dean Asmussen
Enterprise Systems Consulting, Inc.
Fuquay-Varina, NC  USA
E-Mail:  DAsmussen@aol.com

"Genius begins great works; labor alone finishes them." -- Joseph Joubert
+---