  • Subject: RE: Heeeelllllllllpppppp!
  • From: "Nagle, Sean" <SNagle@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 15:10:24 -0700

Here you go.  I am sending you copies of your last two emails...I hope
this helps you.

Hey Folks!

All right, I reached into the wayback machine and came up empty.  I need
establish a communications side entry to perform a job on a remote box
that
was once running on the originating box.  I haven't done this since
niegh onto
the "birthday", so all help would be appreciated.

We have a job that runs an interface from a legacy OMS into BPCS for
orders
and shipments.  Due to V6 performance constraints, we had to move BPCS
from
its original 310 to the 530 that our other plants run on, but the legacy
OMS
remains on the 310.  I have established the proper DDM files to support
the
interface when run from a menu on the 530, but the legacy files are
tertiary
in nature and I'd like to more tightly integrate the interface with the
legacy
invoicing application that clears the files when it's done.

So, how do I point at program X on the 530 side from the 310, making
sure that
the library list and user profile is correct in order to properly update
all
transactions?  I'd prefer to not have to include the USERID and PASSWORD
in
the execution of RUNRMTCMD, but understand that this may be necessary
under
V3R7.  Any and all help is appreciated...

TIA!

Dean Asmussen
Enterprise Systems Consulting, Inc.
Fuquay-Varina, NC  USA
E-Mail:  DAsmussen@aol.com
-----------------------------

Ron,

> Congratulations on this Major Feat.  We are "laboring" toward a Labor
>  Day upgrade from 4.0.03 to 6.0.02 MM.  We too have found a number of
>  problems with the SSA-supplied conversion programs.  We have also hit
>  SQL related performance issues.  In both cases, getting fixes out of
SSA
>  has been impossible or like pulling teeth.  One standard response is
>  "nobody else has reported that problem", or "we don't see a
performance
>  issue"  (SSA uses a test data base smaller than any company could
>  operate with).

Agreed on the SSA support issues, the SQL performance-related issues,
and the
conversion program issues.

>  A suggestion that would help out folks (like us) that are going
through
>  this process.....
>  Could you, and others, put out detailed lists of problems
encountered,
>  and a summary of fixes.  We would do the same.  This would be a great
>  help since these could then be proactively addressed instead of
waiting
>  to stumble across these glitches one-by-one.

Please send me a reminder note next week, and I'll review our conversion
programs and "performance" logicals to send to the list.  Your actual
mileage
may vary, as we've already seen performance problems from the remaining
5.1.01
site that we didn't have at our new 6.0.02 site...

Regards!

Dean Asmussen
Enterprise Systems Consulting, Inc.
Fuquay-Varina, NC  USA