  • Subject: Re: BPCS 4.0.05CD
  • From: Glenn Gundermann <ggundermann@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 12:46:56 -0700

One advantage of using IBM Financing (nee IBM Leasing) is that they were
VERY patient.  Both the old and new boxes were IBM financed so we didn't
get dinged any extra charges.  The old lease stopped and we just started
paying the new lease.  Every once in a while they would call asking for
their box and I pointed them to my IBM Rep.  Thank you again IBM.

Glenn Gundermann
Toronto

Chuck Lewis wrote:

> [...]
>
> YOUCH - you guys didn't have to pay a penalty for keeping the CISC box did
>you ? Since we were
> doing the "side-by-side" (I THINK that is what it was called), we had a
>certain time frame to
> be on the RISC box (we were going from a CISC 320 to RISC 530) and if we
>slipped, the charges
> were HIGH !!!
>
> Chuck
>
> Glenn Gundermann wrote:
>
> > Chuck,
> >
> > Sounds like the same thing we went through.
> >
> > It took us 6 months to get RISC code from SSA.  We had to keep our CISC
> > box several months past the end of the lease with the RISC box just
> > taking up space.  We went up and down the ladder at SSA to no avail.
> > Our Business Partner even complained at Common's Soundoff which stirred
> > a few people.  No apologies from SSA either.
> >
> > They definately have THEIR priorities and it may or may not match yours.
> >
> > Good luck to all.
> >
> > Glenn
> >
> > Chuck Lewis wrote:
> > >
> > > Paul,
> > >
> > > You're not kidding ("comical if not pathetic")... We are running 4.0.03
>Live and 4.0.05
> > > in Test and are doing our Y2K testing against 4.0.05/6. We started last
>fall with SSA
> > > BEFORE the 4.0.05CD deal, and while there were some GREAT folks we dealt
>with, others
> > > were clue less. We JUST wanted the latest 4.0.05 tapes (and ya, I know
>it's old) in
> > > RISC. We had 4.0.05 but it was CISC... but their STUPID key programs and
>installation
> > > programs were non-observable so the install kept blowing up... ALL we
>wanted was for
> > > them to recompile the key and installation programs for CISC
>non-obversable and get
> > > those to us so we could use the tapes we had. You would have thought we
>would have asked
> > > for a blank check or something. "WHY would you want that", WHY would you
>not want to go
> > > to 6.0 (we do, just not NOW...), etc. "There is NO WAY we can do that
>because we don't
> > > have the source anymore, that's another part of the house, etc. It was
>UNREAL. They
> > > would try to get us new tapes...
> > >
> > > Guess what - THEY couldn't FIND it ANYWHERE (at first) or reproduce it.
>They FINALLY got
> > > a version off of one of their non-support line AS/400's (can't remember
>what that group
> > > was called but they WERE helpful... Thanks Eilsa YOU are a treasure
>!!!!). I don't know
> > > HOW many tapes they sent us before we got the what was supposed to be
>what we wanted. We
> > > then had to "layer" all of this together and do a TON of other stuff... I
>have SERIOUS
> > > doubts that we will EVER be able to do this over any other environment

+---