  • Subject: Re: Pseudo-EDI in V4.0.5
  • From: DAsmussen <DAsmussen@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 15:32:58 EDT

Bill,

> I appreciate the comments, but maybe I don't have a full grasp of the
situation.
>  I gather that Premenos does not load the ECx files, I would be required.
Okay, I
>  might check that out (or the previously mentioned PC program).

Ehhh, I probably added to the confusion by including elements from my current
primary client's configuration, which is rather unusual in and of itself.
AFAIK, you're going to have to write some interfaces of your own (as you would
with your "QUOTE member" paridgm).  There may be vendors providing "bolt-ons"
for this, but I don't know of any off the top of my head.

>  But -- I have a problem with just plugging the data straight into the ECx
files.
>  How does credit checking occur?  How does special pricing?  Promo's and
Deals?
>  Order editing and the multitude of other things that happen inside that
wonderful
>  beast called ORD500?

LOL!  Love "the beast" reference!  Sorry, but you're really exceeding my
knowledge of "normal" EDI here.  I would (perhaps mistakenly) assume that any
customer doing business via EDI would have a large enough credit limit to
invalidate _that_ particular concern.  Pricing would have to be handled via
your transport program, again there may be a "bolt-on" available from the EDI
vendor.  Others can probably be of more help here...

>  Why would I call the Allocations API?  That should occur at the time of
Picking
>  Ticket processing.

This was another erroneous reference to my current client, and I shouldn't
have mentioned it.  Their EDI orders actually come into a legacy system, which
we port to BPCS in order to record the demand against the master schedule.
All picking and shipping is done on the legacy app, and we call the
allocations API in order to get CIMPath to update the "B" transactions
properly.  Sorry for any confusion I may have caused...

Regards!

Dean Asmussen
Enterprise Systems Consulting, Inc.
Fuquay-Varina, NC  USA
E-Mail:  DAsmussen@aol.com

"I put instant coffee in the microwave and went back in time..." -- Steven
Wright
+---