  • Subject: Fwd: AS400 Distribution Software
  • From: Jromeh <Jromeh@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 09:46:44 EDT

Dean wrote...

> >      We are currently using SSA's product ASNET for object distribution
> >       throughout or AS400 network.  SSA has announced it will stop
> >       supporting this product.

> >       Can anyone give me the name of a product with the same/better
> >       functionality to replace it?

> Check out SoftLanding's TurnOver product, with the SetTurn plug-in.  AFAIK,
>it's the only CMS that supports AS/Set action diagrams...

When we did a client review in 8/95, we chose TurnOver and SetTurn
because of tight integration between the two. Both Aldon and Silvon
offered methods of promoting ADK action diagrams, but they were at the
time not as elegant, IONSHO. With TO, we didn't have to teach short-term
consultants everything about the CMS, just their small part, and they
could carry it through.

Don't know whether any work has gone into improving these offerings
since, but would doubt it, given the downplaying ADK has gotten from its
parent. TurnOver/SetTurn has worked well for us through thousands of
promotions, many made by a large staff of ex-mainframers and consultants.

--Jerome

/* -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- */
/* Jerome Hughes                        jromeh@aol.com                 */
/* InterPro Consulting Services         www.interproinc.com            */
/* Rosemont IL USA                      these are my own opinions only */
/* OMNI User Communications Director    www.omniuser.org               */
But by reshaping the meeting environment, by redefining its ecology, one
can dissolve many of the barriers to fruitful collaboration. In many
respects, it's easier to get results by changing the environment than by
trying to persuade people to behave differently. -- Michael Schrage, No
More Teams! Mastering the Dynamics of Creative Collaboration, Currency
Doubleday,1989,95

+---