  • Subject: Greetings for 1998 from Nexgen!
  • From: Mitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Mitchell, Dan)
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 15:45:22 -0700

The forum has been so slow lately that we thought there was room
enough to add some material that might even be a little self-serving.
We think its pretty big news.

Nexgen has just taken its 10th Y2K conversion site LIVE using Focus/2000!

LIVE means that they're running their businesses on the Nexgen
                                    ==================
century-enabled classic BPCS versions (2.0 through 5.1).

Most importantly -- most of these sites had MAJOR modifications and
custom code that Nexgen's Focus/2000 tool corrected with relative ease.

Another Successful Implementation:
==========================
Truth Hardware in Minnesota went live with their "Nexgen-powered",
highly-customized BPCS 3.0 system over New Year's holiday weekend.

Consider these facts:
1) Truth's mammoth implementation had over 8000 objects only
    a fraction of which originally came from SSA
2) The Nexgen Y2K services project was bid at under 4 man-months
    and came in under budget
3) As of Day #3 after cutover and to-date (Day #12), there were no
    additional problems reported or open
4) In the three days after going live, a total of only -11- minor issues
    were reported and corrected by Nexgen all with same-day turnaround
5) Truth is done with their BPCS Year 2000 project.

THIS IS THE TYPICAL CUTOVER (TO LIVE) EXPERIENCE FOR
NEXGEN FOCUS/2000 CUSTOMERS!!!

The point is that if you have a modified BPCS site, no other
approach comes close to Nexgen's Focus/2000 for speed,
thoroughness, and cost-effectiveness in Y2K enablement.

With over 115 sites implementing Focus/2000 worldwide we have a
world-class reference base ready to back-up our claims.

*  Also: Call us to find out more about our new Focus/A2K product
   for making native Y2K corrections to AS/SET data models and
   programs -- this is the only complete Y2K solution for AS/SET!

For more information, or to be put in touch with a Nexgen reference
please contact:

 Dan Mitchell
 Nexgen/2K
 e-mail:  mitchell@mail.nexgeninfo.com